A Shootin Outside A Chicago High School Killed 2 People And Hurt 2 Others

Friday afternoon’s shooting outside of Benito Juarez High School, located southwest of downtown Chicago, resulted in the deaths of two persons and injuries to two more, according to statements made by Police Superintendent David Brown to reporters on Friday.

He told the reporters at a news conference that no suspects are being held in custody. Brown stated that he did not have any information regarding the victims due to the fact that the inquiry is still in its early stages.

The spokesperson for the Chicago Fire Department, Larry Langford, stated earlier that four kids had been shot. Brown noted that he did not want to guess, and he would not confirm whether or not the victims who were shot were students. One of the deceased victims was 14 years old, while the other was 15 years old, according to a news release issued by the police. Both of the victims had been shot in the head.

According to the authorities, the two injured victims are doing well despite their injuries. Both victims were 15 years old; one was a boy shot in the thigh and shoulder, and the other was a girl whose thigh was grazed by a bullet. One victim was a male, and the other was a girl.

Nicasio Rogel, whose daughter is a sophomore at the school, told a CNN affiliate in Chicago that he initially believed he heard firecrackers when he heard what he did. After that, he noticed “two kids” on the ground, and both were wearing backpacks.

A Shootin Outside A Chicago High School Killed 2 People And Hurt 2 Others
A Shootin Outside A Chicago High School Killed 2 People And Hurt 2 Others

More News:

He stated that he believed he heard between six and eight gunshots. Brown noted that the school was in the process of releasing children in staggered groups at the time of the incident. According to Langford, the shooting occurred not inside the school building but on the institution’s grounds. They were taken to the Stroger Hospital in an ambulance.

On Twitter, Illinois Governor JB Pritzker issued a statement expressing his condolences to the families of those who had been killed in the shooting. Pritzker, a Democrat, wrote in his letter that “children deserve to feel safe in their schools since schools are the cornerstone of neighborhoods.” “We have no choice but to put an end to these incomprehensible tragedies and remove gun violence from our communities.”

These thoughts were mirrored by Senator Dick Durbin, who urged Congress to take additional action. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that in the year 2020, firearms were the main cause of death among children and adolescents between the ages of 1 and 19, overtaking deaths caused by motor vehicle accidents.

If you found this content useful, please let us know what you think by leaving a comment. Also, keep coming back to this Journalistpr.com. website for all the latest news.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *