As The Campus Murder Mystery Enters Its Fourth Week With No Arrests, The Family Of The Idaho Victim Is Raising Money For A Reward

As the investigation into the shocking home invasion attack that occurred last month nears its fourth week without an arrest or any publicly identified suspects, the family of one of the four University of Idaho victims who were killed in the attack is attempting to raise reward money for information in the case. The attack occurred last month.

“Our family would like to fundraise in the hopes of offering a reward, and possibly hire a private investigator if that becomes necessary,” Kristi Goncalves, the mother of Kaylee Goncalves, who is 21 years old, said in an interview with Fox News Digital Sunday. “Our family would like to offer a reward for information leading to her safe return.”

On November 13, between the hours of 3 and 4 a.m., her daughter and three of her daughter’s classmates, Madison Mogen, 21, Xana Kernodle, and Ethan Chapin, both 20, were found dead in a rented property located on King Road only steps off campus.

According to the findings of the investigation by the Latah County Coroner, Cathy Mabbutt, all four victims had been hacked to death, most likely while they were sleeping. There has been no update about the toxicology reports for the victims.

Kristi Goncalves said that to raise money, the family is supporting two different online fundraising campaigns: one is a GoFundMe campaign that was started by Goncalves’ former boss Jeremiah Shea, and the other is a GiveSendGo campaign that was started by a family friend named Brooke Miller.

“The money received will go straight toward obtaining our answers as well as helping to pay for Kaylee’s final arrangements and her celebration of life on December 30,” she added. The celebration of Kaylee’s life will take place on December 30.  The family had previously refrained from making any public statements at the memorial service.

As The Campus Murder Mystery Enters Its Fourth Week With No Arrests, The Family Of The Idaho Victim Is Raising Money For A Reward
As The Campus Murder Mystery Enters Its Fourth Week With No Arrests, The Family Of The Idaho Victim Is Raising Money For A Reward

More News:

When the police were questioned on Saturday about the absence of a reward, they informed Fox News Digital that they were already getting a continuous stream of information about the case. According to a statement made by police spokeswoman Robbie Johnson to Fox News Digital, the investigation team is “continuing to obtain solid tips and leads and are working on those at this time.”

After asking for the public’s assistance in locating the occupant or occupants of a white 2011 to 2013 Hyundai Elantra seen near the home of the victims around the time of the slayings, local police stated that they received such a flood of calls that they asked the FBI to handle them instead of attempting to handle them themselves.

According to a statement released by the Moscow Police Department on Thursday, “The worldwide call center has the capabilities to receive such calls, categorize them, and forward them on to detectives so that they can utilize those leads in the investigation.”

More News:

The earlier a reward is offered, the better, according to outside experts who have experience in investigations that are comparable to the one that is currently being conducted by the task force. This is especially true given that the number of investigators assigned to the task force will decrease as time passes.

Paul Mauro, a lawyer and retired NYPD inspector who has been carefully following the case, stated that he believes the prize should be distributed at this time while they still have staff available. “There is no point in offering a prize when it is already beginning to run low. Because there are no bodies, you won’t be able to explore the tips.”

Pat Diaz, a private investigator who once served as a homicide detective for Miami-Dade County, was involved in the investigation of a high-profile child murder in the 1990s that led to an arrest and conviction after such a tip was received. According to what he told Fox News Digital, “One lucky lead, with all these sleuths out there, is going to help you solve the case.”

In 1995, several months after Jimmy Ryce was kidnapped on his way home from school, the ultimate suspect’s landlord and employer became suspicious that he had stolen from her. Jimmy Ryce had been kidnapped on his way home from school.

When she investigated his trailer, she discovered the backpack that belonged to the youngster who had gone missing together with her lost gun, which had been the weapon that had been used to kill the boy. According to him, she had also spotted a flyer that contained the contact information for the police, and she had called in the tip.

Leave your comments if you enjoyed reading this post. And remember to check our site again soon for breaking updates.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *