Latest posts by James Gray (see all)
- New UK based Aadhar Website Launches - 22/02/2020
- The larger the company the less chance it is run by a woman - 20/02/2020
- Half of WhatsApp usage in the UK is illegal - 19/02/2020
A quick guide to how to protect yourself from the Coronavirus.
How to protect yourself from the Coronavirus:
1. Wash your hands thoroughly and rewash them after you sneeze or cough, (especially if you cough or sneeze into them to ‘catch the sneeze’).
2. Always Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you do not have a tissue to hand, cough or sneeze away from people and into your elbow or down, if you can. Try not to cough or sneeze over your hands. Always wash your hands afterwards just in case.
3. Corona Masks do not totally work but do help. They offer protection from bigger droplets.
4. Avoid direct, unprotected contact with live animals, especially at livestock or food markets. Also avoid surfaces and bedding that may have been in contact with animals.
5. If you are in an affected area avoid eating raw or undercooked animal products and exercise care when handling raw meat, milk or animal organs to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods. Wash all surfaces, utensils and items (and wash your hands). Do not re-use a cloth to dry cutlery, dishes etc.
6. If you have returned from an affected area in China in the last two weeks, (this is now pretty much the whole of China), stay indoors and avoid contact with other people for 14 days. This means not going to work, school or public areas.
7. If you have returned from an infected area (again this is most of China) and develop a high temperature, cough, runny nose, sore throat or difficulty breathing do not leave your home until you have been given advice by a doctor that it is safe to do so.
Always contact the doctor by phone and follow their advice.