Latest posts by James Gray (see all)
- Basketball Star Kobe Bryant is dead - 26/01/2020
- Almost half of respondents wouldn’t know if their organisation had suffered a cyber attack - 25/01/2020
- How dangerous is Coronavirus? - 25/01/2020
A very short biography of the Brexit party leader, Nigel Farage.
The Marmite of politics (Sorry Marmite):
- Nigel Paul Farage was born 3 April 1964 in Kent. His stockbroker father was an alcoholic and walked out on the family when Nigel was five.
- Farage attended fee-paying school Dulwich College in south-east London. At 18, he got a job as a trader in the City.
- In his 20s Farage was run over by a car, sustaining major injuries. He married his nurse, Grainne Hayes, in 1986.
- In 1992, he left the Conservatives in protest at the signing of the Maastricht Treaty. In 1993 he became a founding member of UKIP.
- Farage was elected to the European Parliament in 1999. The same year he married his second wife Kirsten Mehr.
- He resigned as UKIP leader to stand in the 2010 general election. On election day, Farage was seriously injured in a plane crash.
- In 2014, Farage led UKIP to the largest share of the vote in the European election.
- In 2019, Farage stood down from UKIP and launched the Brexit Party.